Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fire








Gone are those days

When my bones began to rust,

The time of the blaze has come

As it rides me into the light.

I straddle upon as it takes me off

Only to lose the ground I’ve known so long,

I look down over its mane and realize

What I’d lost will all turn mine.

We rub over bumpy grounds

And run into eagles,

They tell me “We’ve known you better!”

Well, I guess that bloke has plundered my everything.

The fire roars and commands me

To be baffled at the clouds and the Sun’s reach,

To drink in the vigor of my beaten past

And whip it with renewed frenzy.

It tantalizes me to return to the lost faith

For it knows that I’ve fallen in,

My harridan is seen on distant farms

As I soar to God’s own feet.

6 comments:

The Heart-Mind Connection said...

at last, its here...
after a long eternal wait...
its really good, felt like I was reading something from English literature ...

Sylvius the Seeker said...

@ Swaraj
Thanks!

skhajone said...

You have created a different style of your own. Nice one ....... :)

Keep blogging :)

P.S. - This is not a criticism but appreciation.

DONNA said...

whow!!!! u got it right man.. nice 1.. wait to read more of your posts!!!

Ostrobogulous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ostrobogulous said...

This is the best poem you have written, I'd say. As I have mentioned before, the poem has a very smooth flow of thought from line to line. The beginning was eerie and certain images, like "bones began to rust" et al, gives me the image of an unexplained dread. Yet, the climax, leaves one gaping. Certainly,a poem that one can ascribe multiple meanings with.

P.S. Sorry for the delay :P